Monday 31 July 2023

Land Rover SIII 'TTK', 13

During the last few months 'TTK' enjoyed lots of daily commutes as well as a few short bursts of inactivity due to starting issues related to the fuel pump. The engine had a corroded core plug with the inevitable water leak drama - the repair of this had potential for quite a substantial operation. So I decided to revert to a temporary fix... which appears to be holding for now! Fingers crossed.
And, as well as doing a general service, I finally replaced the sump gasket when changing the oil! This means that, theoretically, I should see fewer drips wherever I've parked up for the day... I gave the body work a bit of a touch-up spray of paint too and did some other minor repairs.
It was good to have TTK during a recent carving commission to store my tools, food and shelter in when it rained.
Plenty of work, plenty of enjoyment… still no door tops though?!




No comments: