Tuesday 8 August 2023

Bannau Brycheiniog National Park, 3

I took it a little steadier today (!) - largely due to the persistent rain all day and I suppose I also allowed myself a little recovery time from yesterday.

There was still drizzle when I eventually set off for an evening hike but when I summited Pen Twyn Mawr (658 m), I got treated to an interplay between the glorious setting sun and drifts of low cloud and mists across the mountain tops and in the surrounding valleys.
It took some stubbornness to reach the top as it was wet; I got lost; it was very steep; there were forest operations with detours and uprooted paths; the dense conifer woods were very dark; and I was conscious of loosing day light for my return! Still ended up hiking 11 km…

Quite beautiful - what a treat! 

Total kilometres hiked: 11.3 km

Total elevation gain: 338 m

Total Nuttalls bagged: 1


No comments: